Broken charger input

Hallo,

on my HPS 140 Osci the input socket for the charger jack has broken. A little part of the black plastic (opposite to the metal connector of the socket) went off. So the charger jack has still loose contact and can still charge, but it’s not secure enough. It happens to loose the contact from time to time when charging (red LED not working).

My question: Can I buy this little socket at Vellemans? It’s probably easy to solder it out and replace by the spare part. I can do that myself.

Thank you for answering in advance.

carissima

If you do not mind to lose your warranty, we can mail a spare connector.
In that case, please provide an address.

Should you like to keep your warranty, then please return the unit for inspection/repair.

Thank you VEL417 for the answer. The unit is already 2 years old - I guess. And it works faithfully and stable. Great device. So I don’t mind losing the warranty. I already opened the unit yesterday. After 2 hours of working I managed to find a pretty satisfying solution to that problem. I fixed the broken connector with a kind of glue that becomes stiff and hard when lighted with a blue LED (The glue’s name: BONDIC). I put it around the connectors bottom until half the height upwards. The little lacking upper part is not really necessary. At the moment it seems to work. Don’t know how long. But I’m pretty optimistic for that.

If you don’t mind, please send me the littel connector, if I can’t find the same spare part elswhere (e.g. CONRAD Electronic in Germany) just for the future. Perhaps my own repair is not lasting to long.

I’ll send you my address by a separate email.

EDIT: I changed my mind. Please wait. Don’t send any spare part. In case it will not work properly, I will come back to you. It’s too much fuzz the send such a little part only for security reasons.

Thank you for the gentle support.

carissima