Blue screen on window 7 Home Premium

Dear all,

When i connect the the K8200, windows immediately crash (blue screen)

For my desktop i am using an AMD FX-6300 six core processor.

I can connect the 3D printer and use it with a laptop (Windows home premium with intel i5)

If anyone have a solution to solve this problem… Thanks in advance

Emmanuel

Which drivers did you install on your desktop machine? Same FTDI drivers as on the laptop?

Does the bluescreen happen already when you insert the USB Plug or just as you press connect in repetier?

Thanks for your reply ichbinsnur,

1 - I install the driver given by the link on the Velleman website and i install the same driver on the both computer.
2 - Computer crash happen in the second phase when windows mount the serial port after connecting the usb plug (no time to use Any software!) If i restart the computer with the usb plug in, it crash during starting up.
3 - I try on different usb ports and even with a multiplugs usb, same results, of course i try to reinstall the driver but it still the same.
4 - The both computers are running under original W7 Home premium edition SP1 and are update on Microsoft server.

Thanks for your help in this topic :wink:

Emmanuel

[quote=“Pelerin73”]Thanks for your reply ichbinsnur,

1 - I install the driver given by the link on the Velleman website and i install the same driver on the both computer.
2 - Computer crash happen in the second phase when windows mount the serial port after connecting the usb plug (no time to use Any software!) If i restart the computer with the usb plug in, it crash during starting up.
3 - I try on different usb ports and even with a multiplugs usb, same results, of course i try to reinstall the driver but it still the same.
4 - The both computers are running under original W7 Home premium edition SP1 and are update on Microsoft server.

Thanks for your help in this topic :wink:

Emmanuel[/quote]

Hmm, strange …

Try to uninstall the driver and check “delete driver software for this device”,
so the driver files are completely removed.

If that message doen’t come up during uninstall it is likely some other device also uses the driver.

Set a System environment variable :
DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES
and set it’s value to 1.
(Environment variable to tell Device Manager to really show them all)
Look Here : coolthingoftheday.blogspot.de/20 … devic.html

Enable show hidden devices in the device manager menu and remove all "greyed out USB devices as well.

That should normally fix it.

cheers,

Christian

Thanks for your solution ichbinsnur,

I did what you write and i saw that i installed two drivers from FTDI ship in my desktop computer.

1 - D2XX Direct drivers
2 - Virtual COM Port (VCP)

I uninstalled the both then reinstall only the Virtual COM Port (VCP).

Now it work,

Thanks for your help to solve this issue Christian :wink:

Emmanuel

You’re welcome!
Happy printing!

cheers,

Christian