Blue/blank led screen

After finishing my printer I started it and got an blue/blank screen with no text or options I already tried to change the contrast of the screen but that didn’t help. I also checked al the cables but it didn’t make any difference. further i noticed that on the mother board there was an red light on called LD4. Here are the images.
imgur.com/U1df2mU,eoCrtvO#0
imgur.com/U1df2mU,eoCrtvO#1
Can anybody help me with this please.

Which version of the Arduino IDE did you use to upload the firmware?
Only version 1.0.6 or lower works!

Cheers,
Dylan

Another common issue is a bad contact between the 2 parts of the LCD module.

At first thanks for the fast replys, but i have a few questions about it.

“Which version of the Arduino IDE did you use to upload the firmware?
Only version 1.0.6 or lower works!”

Well I haven’t uploaded an firmware too the printer yet becouse in the manuals stood that in the first time starting the printer you should see text like temp and sd, Also there is an not if that if you dont see any text apear you should not progress any further and check al the wires and progress if you do see text appear. That said is it save to just progress and ignore the note and upload an firmware?

“Another common issue is a bad contact between the 2 parts of the LCD module.”

How do I know if that is the case do I have to remove the screen and take pictures of the boards?

First check if the reset button on the right side of the LCD is correctly positioned in the tiny hole (if it gets permanently pressed nothing will show on the screen).

If it is then remove the LCD from the front panel, check if the front and back PCB are well connected to each other (row of contacts on the upper side). Then connect the assembly to the flat cable - take care not putting it the wrong way round : (red wire on the left when the LCD is facing you). You can now check if it’s displaying something.

“First check if the reset button on the right side of the LCD is correctly positioned in the tiny hole (if it gets permanently pressed nothing will show on the screen).”

This was indeed the case I solved it by making the hole a bit bigger it works fine now thanks a lot for helping me out.

[quote=“Oliviervdb”]This was indeed the case I solved it by making the hole a bit bigger it works fine now thanks a lot for helping me out.[/quote]You’re welcome. Glad you could solve your issue.

Thanks! My resetbutton was stuck also…