Belt Up!

What’s better than a GT2 belt?
Two GT2 belts!

After changing the original belt on the X axis to a GT2 belt I noticed that the belt vibrated on high speeds.

To eliminate that I wanted to change the left-hand bearing to a GT2 pulley.
However, I ended up creating a new mount for the X axis motor driving two GT2 belts.

This is what it looks like:

The new motor mount with a flex coupler and the left-hand side pulley mount.
Both parts incorporate two ball bearings.

The belts are almosts centred on the X axis.

New parts were created to fix an tension the belts and also to get the top and bottom belt parallel.

I haven’t yet done many tests, but the vibrating is gone completely.
The surface of the printed object is better than before. Especially the waves towards the end of the object are significantly less.
I’m now thinking of modifying the Y axis in a similar way. Allthough that is slighly more difficult.

Regards

1 Like

Looks great!

Pretty nice work!

Will you make the parts available?

Nice mod!

Hi Chris

Yes, I can share the parts as STL.
I will need to redesign them before though. I needed to cut at some places and drill the holes for mounting.
This should be corrected in the design before publishing.

Regards
/Rainer

Cool!

No need to rush it. My ninjaflex extruder inlay rework took some attempts too to get it working :wink:

Talking about the Y axis, where do you want to place the motor?

That’s the tricky bit!
The only place I see is on the right of the right-hand Y rod.
That means the right back rod holder needs to be replaced/redesigned together with the motor bracket.
Plus: the rear right-hand side frame bracket is in the way.
And I refuse to reduce the max. printing size :slight_smile:

I’m thinking about it :slight_smile:

Regards
/Rainer

Yep, quite tricky.

Maybe the motor must go under the carriage, but then it will be tricky to find a goog path for the belts…

Hey, I know it’s out of date, but do you have the CAD files? Maybe you could share them :slight_smile: