Bed temperature not reached

Hi there! I am trying to print an object with standard abs settings provided from the K8200 website. Unfortunately the bed temperature stucks on 65 degrees and the printer keeps that temperature and stucks there forever!

Any suggestions?

Unfortunately the stock power supply is not able to provide enough power to get the bed significantly over 65°c.
The only solution to get higher bed temperatures is to source the Heatbed from a second 24V supply.

[quote=“ichbinsnur”]Unfortunately the stock power supply is not able to provide enough power to get the bed significantly over 65°c.
The only solution to get higher bed temperatures is to source the Heatbed from a second 24V supply.[/quote]

Would you happen to know how I could do that? is there a guide somewhere or link to instructions?

I would also loveto have a link or instructions on how to do that!

Today I retried the print having lowered the temperature to 65 degrees (yesterday I managed to print on that bed temperature). What I see is that the printer reaches in general 10 degrees before the designated bed temperature easily and the last 10 degrees it takes forever to reach (even though I lowered from 75 to 65). Why is that happening? Once the temperature is reached everything runs smoothly…

Any other suggestions? And anyon has a link or procedure on how to provide 24V supply to bed?

Have a look at my following post : viewtopic.php?f=51&t=15539&p=72039&hilit=24v+heatbed#p72093

What I did today on my fustration was to grab my wife’s hairdryer and blow hot air to the bed. Surprisingly I saw the temperature going up on the manual control of repetier and boom! The heated bed went to home and it started heating the extruder… Print went smoothly! What I cannot understand is the fact that up until now it was printing everything fine… Why did it suddenly changed ? And from the minute that Velleman provides the heated bed and everything why to change on a different source? It is supposed to print PLA and ABS with factory settings (which is what I am using)…

Anyway I am still trying to figure ways to avoid the external supply because I am a total noob on electronics… Any other suggestions welcome…

What is the temp of your room?
Remember this is a very large surface that can cool easily

The printer out of the box does simply reach not temperatures as 110°C (with the glass bed) required to have ABS stick on the bed.
Putting in a box increases ambient temperature (in my case around 10°C) but does not make much difference.

http://forum.velleman.eu/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=15539&p=72039&hilit=24v+heatbed#p72093 shows how to solve it.

However the power MOSFET on the controller board handles easy voltages up to 24V. So I do not see the need for an external MOSFET or an external click clack relay.

So I simply took a 24V industrial power supply and use this just for the heated bed only.
I currently regulated the 24V power supply down to something as 20V.

Important the rest of the controller board CPU, stepper motors and extruder are still supplied form the original power supply. I expect that at least the linear regulator on the controller board would run in difficulties when getting 24V.

It runs like that now since many months. PLA works like a charm, with ABS there are some non heated bed related issues.