Base frame not completely level

So I’ve assembled the Base frame with a little force required here and there and now everything appears flush. However when placed on a flat surface one of the feet is about 2mm off the floor. I can press lightly on the frame and it will flex to level.

Should I continue the build? Or should I take it apart and try again? Thanks in advance for any guidance!

You will need the frame to be square or the carriage will not travel well. Are you testing it with the rubber feet attached, or are you laying the aluminum frame base directly onto a flat surface? The rubber feet are (kind of) adjustable, so that could be the problem.

The kit includes extra corner brackets for the frame, apparently because quality control on those parts can be poor. Make sure you are using the brackets that fit into the frame the smoothest. You should be able to slide the pieces by hand, or at worst with a little help from a rubber mallet.

Good luck with the build!

Thanks, good to hear it’s not just me. My brackets are of very poor quality :(, so I’ve had to put aside quite a few due to them being skew/malformed. I’m using them in order of best to worst, but worry I will run out of working ones. Since it’s obviously the brackets causing the issue, and these are the best ones I have, I’m going to go ahead. I can strap down the frame to level it if necessary. At least the right angles are mostly there…

There’s nothing wrong with the joining brackets that a couple of quick strokes with a file won’t put right.