Bad quality, help please

Hello,
First sorry for my bad english. So my problem is i get a very bad quality on my printing, I start to use my vertex K8400 i’m a real beginner in printing 3D.
If someone can give me a tuto or his/her settings to print with ABS and a good quality, it’s cool. (Pricture of settings is the best way to tell me the solution)
1.75mm ABS Filament

If you need more details, tell me your question

Well there are a number of things to cause bad quality prints…

First thing you could do - post a photo of an example print. If we can see it, we can point out possible causes and remedies.

As a general helpful guide, have a read of this:
https://www.simplify3d.com/support/print-quality-troubleshooting/

If you have just built a K8400 kit, then the most common newbie issues are:
• Poor x-y axis alignment. See http://www.k8xxx-3dprinters.crimed.be/w/index.php?title=XY-Carriage_Alignment which explains the issue better than the Velleman manual!
• Poor bed levelling - Use a piece of A4 paper folded twice as a feeler gauge between all three points of the bed - the paper needs to have slight resistance between the bed and the nozzle.
• Incorrect print temperature. This depends on the brand of ABS being printed. Poor layer adhesion - print hotter. Mushy blobby parts, print cooler. Make a 5C change, see what happens.
• Use a Brim when printing ABS without a heated bed. Avoid large parts. Try to keep the print area / chamber as warm as possible, no draughts.
• Over-extrusion. By default, the printer is set to 200 steps per mm for the extruder. Really, this should be around 147 steps per mm. In Repetier-Host, Goto Config-> Firmware EEPROM Configuration -> Steps per mm E: 147.0

Lastly, as a beginner, I would recommend starting with PLA plastic rather than ABS. It is a much easier plastic to print with, makes almost no smell and will stick to an unheated Buildtak printbed much nicer than large ABS parts.

1 Like

Ok thank’s i will test all of this and tell you what is going on

If you are just starting out it would bee better to use PLA as it is a lot more forgiving then ABS.