Background light for LCD display

Is there a Velleman part available for soldering a background light to the LCD display?
If it exist, can the intensity be controlled through the USB interface?
Would be nice to have an illuminated display.

Please provide kit or part numbers! I really don’t know about which LCD display you’re talking.

Isn’t it I am asking this question in the EDUKITS EDU05 Forum?

Sorry didn’t see that you made a subpost to that part of the forum.
The display seems to have a connection for that purpose but it is not connected. So perhaps the background light is available… If you have a part list of this “kit”, you can look up the part number of the LCD on the Velleman website.

At the moment there is no backlight in the LCD module of the EDU05.
You can change the LCD module.
The backlight wires are connected and there is a series resistor for the backlight on the EDU05 board.

Thanks for your answer.
But the inevitable question now is if there is a schematic available of this EDUKIT.
Normally all Velleman kit are delivered with a schematic. In that case we can extend the possibilities of the kit after we are educated to make use of it in a practical situation.

Thank you for the feedback.
Here is the link to download the EDU05 circuit diagram: box.com/s/vflmi2f26vj4xi67f5n5

[quote=“VEL255”]Thank you for the feedback.
Here is the link to download the EDU05 circuit diagram: box.com/s/vflmi2f26vj4xi67f5n5[/quote]

Do you have a part number of the lcd ?

Sorry, our distributors do not stock spare displays for this item, they would have to special order them for you, which can take a while.
Anyway, the unit is compatible with any type of ‘Hitachi compatible’ 16x1 character LCD.

[quote=“VEL417”]Sorry, our distributors do not stock spare displays for this item, they would have to special order them for you, which can take a while.
Anyway, the unit is compatible with any type of ‘Hitachi compatible’ 16x1 character LCD.[/quote]
Thank You this will do.

Of topic.
Is there a forum in Dutch ?

Sorry, no dutch forum.

In the future I want to work with a board like K8055N.
This will only work if the USB is connected.
Is there a version that can stand a lone working?
After he has been programmed?

Greetings Idebertran

Sorry, we do not carry such an item.

Oké thank you

Than it will by the K8055n