Arduino timeout issue`

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to upload the firmware for the direct extruder and LCD screen using the arduinio 1.0.6 however it is timing out before the upload is completed. I am able to verify that the firmware compiles, but it is just the upload that times out in the end.

I am not sure if this has anything to do with downloading the FTDI VCP DRIVER from this link ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm. I downloaded the driver for windows but I am not sure how to install it properly. My computer is showing the printer on COM3 so I don’t think there is a problem with recognizing the COM. I am really just lost on why the upload is timing out. I read a bunch of other “solutions” to this problem that included “unplugging the board and waiting” but those don’t work.

Here is the error message that I am receiving after the upload times out:
Binary sketch size: 104,486 bytes (of a 258,048 byte maximum)
avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer

Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks

Did you short the Jprog pins on the control board?
You can find the instructions here.
http://www.k8200.eu/manual/printing/?c=007

I did. I first used an alligator clip and then a paper clip in case the alligator clip was too corroded. Most times during the upload the printer bed would move back and forth diagonally for about 5 seconds near the end right before the time out. I followed the instructions provided in the link very precisely and it still times out. I have done a lot of searching on the web about it too. Some people say it might be something to do with a “bootlegger” issue but I have no idea what that is or how to fix it.

Ok,

I tested my machine
I tried to update the firmware without the Jprog jumper and got the same error.
I put the jumper on and tried again without power going to the board and got the same thing.
Since your motors are trying to move you should check for 15vDC at the blue connector.

Well I already checked the 15 v DC and it was fine. I requested a new board from velleman and it works now. Turns out the one I had was defective. Thanks for the help anyway.

Glad to hear your back up and running.
Enjoy!