APS230 discharged battery-pack

I don’t used my APS230 for a long time, thereafter it doesn’t work, nevertheless with AC-Adapter. So I think the battery was very low, I disconnect the battery-pack, and with the AC-Adapter it works like bevor. But when I connect the battery-pack again, it stops working - no charging of the battery thru the APS230. So my question is: how can I external load the battery-pack to reach normal function of the APS230.
Many thanks in advance
HAJNY

It could be that the pack is defective (one or more cells defective).
To externally charge the pack, you need an adjustable power supply with adjustable current limit.
Set it to approx. 6.5V and adjust the current limit so that it charges at around 180mA. After 12h it should be fully charged.
Watch the polarity. Check the battery during charging. If it overheats, disconnect it immediately.
Check the voltage during charging. If it does not go up after a while, the battery is most likely defective.
In that case, you can order a spare battery pack. Order code: BPAPS230

As You wrote, I charged the battery for about 2 hours, thereafter I put in the APS230, and the device did the rest. It seems that APS230 can not charge a TOTALLY discharged battery.

Happy to read that it works again.