Android app for VM204 doesn't send user name and password

I can’t make it work. It gives the message all the time that Error 401 authorization is required. It works from a PC and from Iphone. I tried on two android phones. One is a Samsung galaxy S4, the other is an Alcatel phone. Both still have android 4.2.2 because of other apps that I use.

Neither local network or internet access works on the android phones using the app because authorization is always requested (They work with two android VM201 apps for that card). I use external port 9500 and internal 80 for the VM204. The router is set correctly.

The Error 401 message is only shown if there is a connection to the card. It has something to do with how the card server sees the request from the app. As mentioned, two android VM201 apps work with the VM201 card. I have uninstalled and re-installed the VM204 app several times to no avail.

More results: If one tries to change settings on the card so that no user name or password are used, one gets the error 401 message authorization required also from the Iphone app and trying to reach the card on an android phone or Iphone/ipad using the browser. However, it is still possible to access the card using a browser on the PC. Once in, I changed the settings to admin and VM204 (the card is still named VM204). I can then reach the card using the VM204 app on the Iphone and the ipad as well as with safari on those. I can also reach the card using the web interface on an android phone. However, the android VM204 app still gives the same error message. So it seems that the app connects to the server on the card but does not deliver the user name and the password, just as if no user name or password were given. Is this problem known?

I haven’t heard this before.

I’ll try to replicate the situation and report back

VEL337

I could try connecting the VM204 in another LAN

I choose to continue the discussion in the thread started by signature Aires since he reported th same problem before I did. There hasn’t been any follow up to his report.