Allbot 4

Allbot 4 leg has problems trying to walk. All servos flatten out and it can’t walk. If I hold the bot in my hand it works fine. But on a flat surface it can’t function. Also I have nothing but trouble with the IR transmitter. It works fine controlling the bot for a few seconds then it does not respond. I’ve soldered the points on the it board. I’ve adjusted my volume and nothing. It has fresh batteries in the bot too but nothing but trouble. Please help
I will post a video sometime soon

I have a video of the problem Allbot but there is no way to upload the video for anyone to see. Can you tell me how I can post a video?

You will need to post it to a server or website and put the link up here

I had the same problem. Someone suggested I should switch to different batteries, as some batteries can’t provide enough current for an AllBot. He suggested Duracell, though I’m sure there are other options too. Either way, this fixed it for me :slight_smile:

Apparently the batteries detect that too much current is being drawn, and simply turn off for a bit. This resets the Arduino, so the servos turn off, so the current draw goes down, and the batteries think things are okay again. This causes the bot to reset once every few seconds and try standing up again, only to use too much current and fail again.