Additional Cooling Fans K8402

Hi folks

I would like to add some additional cooling fans on the extruder board and the Mainboard for better printing and cooling of the Heated bed Power expander. Is there any information about how much current can be handled by the extruder-board and the mainboard connections of the coolers ? May it’s a dumb question (i’m not an electrical engineer) but I would like to avoid a burnt down mainboard or extruder board

Can someone help me?

Best regards

Grenack

This very much depends on the case. If you have an intake at the front say and you will have an exhaust fan at the back then in normal circumstances extra cooling is probably not needed. But if you have a high end GPU and play graphic intensive games then extra cooling by way of another intake and perhaps an extra exhaust fan in the roof is probably going to be necessary.
Likewise if you are into over-clocking your components,then this will produce a lot more heat and your cooling must reflect that.

The best way to do this is to connect them directly on the PSU. They will run all the time but it will do no harm. The PSU out put is 15V and the fans usually 12V so you’ll need a current limiting resistor. The value and power of the resistor vary with the specs of the fan (power consumption, usually written on the fan itself).