A problem with manual control while calibration

Hello Guys!

After completing the build of K8200 printer I started to test the functions of the printer. First everything was fine, X, Y and Z motors was moving but I had problem with the extruder ( shows 144C ) and not moving , zero control… After a few minutes something went wrong and now I cannot use manual control, only the HOME X, HOME Y and HOME Z responding, also HEATER BED isnt working, before when I turn on heating bed it was ok, now its a failure… I installed a bit oldest Repetier and error which I have is :

09:35:40.703 : Error:0
09:35:40.713 : : Extruder switched off. MINTEMP triggered !
09:35:40.723 : Error:Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)
09:35:42.870 : echo:SD init fail
09:35:42.900 : FIRMWARE_NAME:Marlin V1; Sprinter/grbl mashup for gen6 FIRMWARE_URL:http://www.k8200.com/ PROTOCOL_VERSION:1.0 MACHINE_TYPE:K8200 EXTRUDER_COUNT:1

When I plug my printer to PC there is red and green LED , when i connect power supply 15V diodes are out and upper LED blinks twice and going out.

Please help.

Hi

Is the reason that you can not move any of the axis other than to home postion.
There are two temerature safety features that opperate on the extruder:

1. will not alow extrusion of filament if the temperature is below 175 deg (can’t remember exactly but about that).
  2. will not let the printer operate normaly if the temperature is below 5 deg. This assumes that the themister or wiring is dammaged and not returning the correct values. In this case it could cause a fire, so heating (& some other stuff) is inhibited.

When unplugged & tested at the board end your thermister and cable should measure about 100K, if not them that is your problem. Fix that first then we can look at other problems.

thermistor on the extruder is damaged ill put a new one cause i get two of them with printer and than ill check this out ;> i set 200k on my measure kit it shows 90k OHM, its good and correct? i wanted to ask before ill plug and solder the new thermistor

Hi, mine measured about the same so it should be fine.

the problem is also i dont have those sleeves

k8200.eu/images/manuals/k820 … 19/014.jpg

ive got only

k8200.eu/images/manuals/k820 … 19/042.jpg

can i solder and protect thermistor with these ones or should i get the first ones like in manual??

Hi, a quick check on the Wiki looking at heatshrink doesn’t give a high enough working temperatue.
Can you not reuse the old insulation?

i didnt had the first ones from the begining :confused: maybe thats why thermistor got damaged? whats the name of the first slevees? ill try to buy them somewhere?

Its just a high temperature insulation. You some times find it supplied in the kit of parts of with light fittings. You may get some from a diy store.

thanks a lot Sir! ill try once more with heat shrink and test if there will be everything good again ;> ill report it till 6pm this day :wink: if the high temperature insulation is highly needed ill try to find it and replace the heat shrin if everthing will works fine.

EDIT: 22:42

After I soldered a new thermistor in extruder everything is fine and temperatures shown are good, near 25deg both, warming up working corectly, testing extruder motor when extruder is heat on near 170deg (190max), tommorow ill set voltages of motors to 0.55V cause i think 0.425 are making them a bit slow… and i have to set the distance from hotend to heater bed ( I must do this via z motor stop, right? ) so tommorow ill try to print test object and the printer will be ready to work :wink:

thanks for help Sir once again :wink:

Hi great to hear.
A few tips:
Bed needs to be realy flat, warm up the bed and let it cool, check each corner 3 or 4 times with both extruder and bed at room temp.
Set Z axis as in the manual with both extruder and bed at room temp (with both hot the gap should dissapear).
Bed must be perfectly clean, use a nail varnish remover to clean it before each print every time.
For first tests go slightly hotter on the temperatures (you might not get the highest quality print but it will work as opposed to to cool and it wont stick to the bed). I would recomend bed 50 deg and extruder 200 deg.
Start with smaller objects (you will get problems at first, smaller items the have shorter print times will be less frustrating). I haven’t printed this but it would make a good starting point thingiverse.com/thing:271086
Last have fun.

everything fine! dunno about the distance of the extruder to bed ( im not sure its correct ) but test object printed fine so its not bad at all :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: after 2 lil fails cause of temperature of extruder third try went very well and here you got results: