6-pin connector on K8200 control board

Hey all, there is an unused 6-pin (3x2) header on the K8200 control board. It’s located inboard from the JPROG header. What is it, and does anyone have a pinout for it?

I’m looking for an easy way to pull power without solder or directly screwing wires into the power block while I’m testing things.

On my board there is no spare connector:

But you can use the connector for the display module (bottom/left corner on the picture).
There +5V, +12V and ground is available. See text on the silk layout for the right connections.

Hi fitchie, there is indeed the connector/header I am referring to. In your picture, it is directly to the right of the JPROG header (left side, top header), and is in between the JPROG header and the two capacitors labeled “100 50V RVT”. “R19” is silkscreened onto the PCB at the upper left corner of the header I’m referring to.

That’s the Arduino serial programming header consisting of MOSI, MISO, SCK, RESET, VCC, GND.
It is often refered to as an SPI (serial peripheral interface).

Pinout:

Pin 1 of the ICSP header : MISO
Pin 2 of the ICSP header : +5V in
Pin 3 of the ICSP header : SCK
Pin 4 of the ICSP header : MOSI
Pin 5 of the ICSP header : RESET
Pin 6 of the ICSP header : GND

See also:
arduino.cc/en/Reference/SPI

Thanks! That was my guess, and so I didn’t want to just start jumpering pins to determine empirically available voltages :wink:

You can only draw a small current (few mA) of 5V power there, as this connector is directly wired to the Atmega chip.

On my board there is no spare connector:

[/quote]

Hi fitchie,

which connectors are this on your picture? Link maybe?

thanks

Here you are:

TE Connectivity 3-640440-x series

2 way:
be.farnell.com/webapp/wcs/stores … reId=10154

3 way:

4 way:

[quote=“Steeze McQueen”]Hey all, there is an unused 6-pin (3x2) header on the K8200 control board. It’s located inboard from the JPROG header. What is it, and does anyone have a pinout for it?

I’m looking for an easy way to pull power without solder or directly screwing wires into the power block while I’m testing things.[/quote]

Hey I have a question for you? I believe I shorted something out on the back of the controller board during my first print. My xstop no longer works. I tested it and it is not the stop. I believe it may be the pins. Is it possible to re program the x stop to un-used pins?? Thanks. Any advice would be great!