4 paws up on startup

Hello there,

relatively new to allbot and arduino programming.

I bought scratch to help my child programming it in scratch. Problem is when i turn it on, the 4 paws immediately go up so it can’t stand on its ‘feet’. When i make the allbot peform commando’s in scratch, the allbot does everything i ask, but it does everything in the weird position with 4 paws up.

This happens as soon as i turn the allbot on (so even when nothing is connected). How can i make the allbot stand straight up on it’s feet when i power it on?

thx, Yves

Did you properly center the servos before mounting the feet?

Im’ affraid not. That wasn’t to clear. I builded it like the manual and read the part about centering the servo’s here: manuals.velleman.eu/article.php?id=390
I loaded the script in arduino but then it wasn’t all clear to me. I’ll read it again and try over. Do the feet have to be disconnected before centering?
Thx for the tip!

Not actually you do want power on it so it will hold it’s position.

I have the same problem, when turned on, the 4 paws immediately go up so it can’t stand on its ‘feet’.
I properly centered the servos before mounting the feet
So I have no idea what went wrong.

I have found the problem. The arduino was mounted 180 degrees onto the vr408. That means that the front legs were actually the back legs. When I mounted correctly, everthing was fine.

Glad t hear it’s working.
Enjoy!!