3D printer problem

Hi, I have assembled my printer which went together very well. The problems arose when I tried to follow the instruction in the “using the printer” part of the manual. My problem is as follows…

After connecting to the printer in the Repetier V0.84 software, the log view panel should read:
[i][i]“FIRMWARE_NAME:MarlinV1; Sprinter/grblmashupFIRMWARE_URL:http://www.K8200.eu - velleman.eu PROTOCOL_VERSION:1.0 MACHINE_TYPE:K8200 -
3D PRINTER EXTRUDER_COUNT:1”

[/i][/i]But mine reads:

“08:41:22.675 : OpenGL version:4.3.0
08:41:22.676 : OpenGL extensions:GL_AMD_multi_draw_indirect GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays
10:38:49.064 : OpenGL extensions:GL_AMD_multi_draw_indirect GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays GL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object [color=#BF0000][size=150](there is lots more of this line of text but I have deleted it because of the amount) [/color][/size]
08:41:22.676 : OpenGL renderer:GeForce GT 620/PCIe/SSE2
08:41:22.676 : Using fast VBOs for rendering is possible”

Also there seems to be an issue with the lights on the power supply and board. When I connect the USB to the board, there are 2 LED’s that come on. When I connect the power supply the 2 LED’s go off and another green LED flashes momentarily and goes off. The power indicator on the body of the power supply initially lights up, but after approx. 5 seconds, this goes off and the 2 LED’s which illuminated when I plugged in the USB, come back on.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated

The power supply may be going into safety because of a shortcircuit on your board. Please remove the four Pololu boards from the controller board, and check if the power supply still goes into safety.

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. Since my original post i have tried disconnecting the power supply from the board and then switching the power supply on. The green light on the power supply comes on and the goes off. The length of time the green light stays on is dependent on how long the power supply has been switched off. If the power supply has been off for 10 minutes, it will switch on for approx 5 seconds but if it has been off for an hour, it will stay on for approx 30 seconds.

Hi, I have done as you requested and removed the four Pololu boards from the controller board and the power supply still went in to safety mode. The software and controller board lights responded exactly the same as before.

Most likely a power supply problem.
Please return the item for inspection/exchange to:

Velleman Projects Tech. Dept.
Legen Heirweg 33
9890 Gavere
Belgium

or return it to your Velleman distributor.
Sorry for the inconvenience. We’ll make sure you get a new power supply asap.

OK thank you. I shall send it direct to you for replacement. For reference, I shall include a print of this conversation which advises me to send it back for replacement.

Many thanks

[quote=“Markhardy”][u][color=#000000]Hi, I have assembled my printer which went together very well. The problems arose when I tried to follow the instruction in the “using the printer” part of the manual. My problem is as follows…

After connecting to the printer in the Repetier V0.84 software, the log view panel should read:
[i][i]“FIRMWARE_NAME:MarlinV1; Sprinter/grblmashupFIRMWARE_URL:http://www.K8200.eu - velleman.eu PROTOCOL_VERSION:1.0 MACHINE_TYPE:K8200 -
3D PRINTER EXTRUDER_COUNT:1”

[/i][/i]But mine reads:

“08:41:22.675 : OpenGL version:4.3.0
08:41:22.676 : OpenGL extensions:GL_AMD_multi_draw_indirect GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays
10:38:49.064 : OpenGL extensions:GL_AMD_multi_draw_indirect GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays GL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object [color=#BF0000][size=150](there is lots more of this line of text but I have deleted it because of the amount) [/color][/size]
08:41:22.676 : OpenGL renderer:GeForce GT 620/PCIe/SSE2
08:41:22.676 : Using fast VBOs for rendering is possible”

Also there seems to be an issue with the lights on the power supply and board. When I connect the USB to the board, there are 2 LED’s that come on. When I connect the power supply the 2 [/color][color=#000000]led light[/color] [color=#000000]go off and another green LED flashes momentarily and goes off. The power indicator on the body of the power supply initially lights up, but after approx. 5 seconds, this goes off and the 2 LED’s which illuminated when I plugged in the USB, come back on.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated[/color][/u][/quote]
Got my printer problem solved with this post… Yes it was power problem so thanks for this thread

Hi, were your symptoms identical to mine?

Hi Velleman support, do you know when i will be receiving my replacement power supply? I see from the tracking information that you received the faulty power supply on Monday 9th Sept.

Please can you arrange to send the replacement power supply ASAP.

Please:

The forum moderators are not the people that handle repair issues.
For all information regarding the status of your K8200 repair, please write to parts at velleman dot be

Hi, please can you be a little more detailed with your instructions - you advise to “write to velleman dot be” This means very little to me. Please give more instructions or provide a link.

I am very frustrated and disappointed, at present i have spent £699 GBP and have had a none functioning printer sat on my table for over a week with no sign of the replacement parts turning up and been given vague instructions when i have tried to enquire.

Sorry to hear that you experience problems.
This forum is not the right place for spare part and shipping related items.

The people that receive the ’ parts at velleman dot be’-mails are the people that handle repairs and spare part issues.
They can inform you about the status of your request.
Please write them, provide your full name and address and a short description of your problem.
They will reply to you personally.

To Markhardy:

The email address you mentioned is correct.
We prefer not to mention it here, to avoid spam problems caused by bots that scan our forum.

Generally bigger companies using 3D printers because the need high resolution pictures for their brands and other work. But sometimes 3D printer users face multiple error while using printer. There is lots of printer error guide available on the web where you can solve these issues. Most common issues like printer in error state hp, Setup HP Printer and many more you can solve by yourself by reading these blogs.