2n3906 vs bc557

I need a BC557 but have run out, but I do have plenty of 2N3906 in my hand right now. I have read their datasheet, they’re equivalent except the collector and emitter are reversed. So I was wondering if I can use the 3906 as a replacement of bc557? BTW, I wanna use bc557 as a switch in the project.
thanks in advance.

Hello @steveen
for that, google search is your friend : https://www.google.com/search?q=use+a+bc557+as+2n3906 or https://www.google.com/search?q=use+a+2n3906+as+bc557

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1067302&sid=45ee70afb225709c5a8c16c9d17b9440#p1067302) by **[nd595]** » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:39 am no risk really - I used BC557 instead of 2N3906 many times (reversed 180 degrees on a PCB) and not only in a switch applications - with no problems whatsoever.

Have a nice day !

thanks a lot mate! really appreciate

1 Like

Hi @PPAC & @steveen

These are also a good “sources” / websites of component information: (component replacements / equivalents / cross reference).

Component replacement tips (epanorama.net)

All Transistors. Datasheet. Cross Reference Search. Transistor Database.

Choosing Transistor Replacements » Electronics Notes (electronics-notes.com)