Z axis vibration

Hi,
thanks alot Florus for the head up about the Z-coupling. I did the proposed change and got a superb result.

This image shows how
And this shows the result

Yes largab,

That is exactly what I meant, if the threaded rod is inserted all the way in the coupler, or even all the way except 1mm, then what is the point of a flexible coupler.

@VEL327: Can you comment on that?

I cannot test it at this moment as my linear bearings are making noise and I’m waiting for replacements, but my prints look similar to your after result.

But, don’t you lose some Z build space ? Or am I wrong?
Thank you!

[quote=“Juansew”]But, don’t you lose some Z build space ? Or am I wrong?
Thank you![/quote]
No the bed doesn’t go all the way down till the coupler and it makes the available rod longer, not shorter…

Try to lubricated with olive oil
Lubricate with mineral oil often has the opposite effect with plastic bearings and nuts
I have had the same problem, now it runs silently

To let people know that olive oil worked for me. Thanks “hgeest”, also “spin” for starting this.

I had the same problem and solved it with a z-axis stabilizer with a suitable bearing.
See https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:635751

1 Like

Silicone grease works best for me. (I found that olive oil, whilst it does work, is too thin and needs constant reapplication.)

I got a sponge poked a hole in it put the z axis lead screw through the hole and zip tied it to the assemble and put thin machine oil on it it last for a long time and cleans the lead screw.

Hello
This was the solution for me. The Z-axis is too long according to the diameter to not support it along both sides. Every minor inaccuracy has a consequence for the imbalance effect.