Wich scope to choose?

Hi ! I am in the Automotive field and I really need a new scope. They recommended me the VELLEMAN’s, but I don’t know wich one to choose between the HPS10SE or the HPS40. Please can you advise wich one will best fit my needs.
Thanks

I’m sure you’ll understand that we cannot answer such a question.
It is a bit like asking “What is the best car to drive to Rome ?”.
If you could provide more details, such as what signals would you like to measure, what frequencies, etc… then we could probably give you some hints.

Thanks for your reply and your support. From what I’ve learned browsing the internet, both can be used in the automotive field. But is it safe to check AC signals from a cranck angle sensor or CAM sensor, voltage that easely can go over 50 VAC, with a HPS10SE? And, will I get an accurate frequency wave between 8-15 KHZ from a MAF with the same tool? It’s too good to be true, that’s why I’m asking so many questions.
Thanks again.

[quote=“VEL417”][color=#BFBFFF]I’m sure you’ll understand that we cannot answer such a question.[/color]
It is a bit like asking “What is the best car to drive to Rome ?”.
[color=#BFBFFF]If you could provide more details, such as what signals would you like to measure, what frequencies, etc… then we could probably give you some hints.[/color][/quote]

That’s easy,

A 1965 Ferrari 275 GTB…

Both the '10 and '40 can handle 50VAC and they can display 10-15KHz quite easily.
Inputs can handle 100Vp, with probe set to 1/10 a theoretical 1000Vp is possible.
I’d go for the '40, it offers better resolution.
Btw: have a look at the HPS50 too: it offers bandwitdth, resolution, a big screen, white backlight, Li-ion battery, USB interface for easy data transfer to a PC, all packed into a very handy enclosure. Here’s a link to it: http://www.velleman.eu/ot/en/product/view/?id=377804

Thanks a lot ! I think I’m going for the HPS50. keep up the good work :smiley: