Shifting Y axis - Any suggestions?

Hi.
I normally don’t have problems with my K8200. But last night I had at shift in the Y-axis. Actually I can count two shift on the model. It has never been a issue before.

I can confirm that:

• The mirror is firmly mounted and can not be moved.
  • The print looks nice an I don’t think the hotend has hit anything.
  • The bed moves nicely and the belts is ok.
  • I use firmware V1
  • Software is Cura.

The only difference from my normal printing, is that i printed at 110% speed (a bit faster than normal something like 35 mm/s).

Any suggestions?

Hi,

Look in the log if there’s no “end stop hit” message.
One possible (and usual) cause is the end stop being triggered during the print when the printer is vibrating too much.

Cure : install the Marlin V2 firmware (with this one the end stop check is disabled during print).

[quote=“raby”]Hi,

Look in the log if there’s no “end stop hit” message.
One possible (and usual) cause is the end stop being triggered during the print when the printer is vibrating too much.

Cure : install the Marlin V2 firmware (with this one the end stop check is disabled during print).[/quote]

Hi raby.
Thanks for your suggestion.
I will for sure install the V2 firmware.
I did not check the log, but will defiantly remember to do it if this ever should be a issue again.
Thanks.

Other suggestions?

Just got the layer shifting again but this time at the X-axis :frowning:

Now I think it is the model that is causing the problems as it is almost at the same point the shifting happens.
I will now try again but this time with the video camera at the right place :wink:

Found the problem.
By examine the defective parts I can see that the hotend has touched the part because there is black spots on the white PLA where it has hit.
It is a large part I was printing so I have disabled the cooling, and that seems to be the problem at a certain point in building the model.

Now cooling is enable and no more problems.
The lesson here for me is that no matter how big a part is printed, then ALWAYS use cooling when printing PLA :wink:

Thanks for suggestions.