PCS500 x64

Found Acharis post very helpful, many thanks. This way I got my PCS500 working on Win 10 Pro 21H2 (64 bit). I have a native LPT1 port with I/O port address 378.

When starting the Velleman software, I get no error messages and it works with no delays contrary to other posts in this thread.

I have some remarks to Acharis’ post:
6. I got an error message to the effect that the service existed already. Whether this was the result of my previous attempts, I do not know. With regedit I searched for this entry in the registry and found it pointing to a driver in the Windows directory. I deleted this registry entry with SC DELETE. Then I redid step 6 successfully. When checking the registry for dlportio I find it pointing to where I have placed giveio.sys.
Also note the mandatory spaces after the ‘=’ sign.
7. I got an error message : [SC] StartService failed 3. This turned out to be the result of a typo I made in step 6 for the binpath to giveio.sys. I redid step 6 again, this time without the typo. Then Step 7 again, this time successfully
8. Every time I reboot my system I need to repeat step 7.

Hope this helps

@Huibert Many thanks for your feedback, well done. :+1: Also thanks to @acharis & Henrik Haftmann to get this work for Win 10. Well documented, and other owners of PCS500 can also use it usefully with recent Win10 OS.

“Hope this will stil work for win 11 also”

Best regards,
Velleman Support