PCS500 problems

I am running the latest version of PClab2000se on Windows XP SP2, I also have tired older versions of PCLab2000se, deleting the .ini file every time. All with no luck.

The problem is when I start up the software and it tries to calibrate the scope but it can’t connect. It gives me the “no hardware response dialog”. If I click “run” it will read the scope but the values are completely incorrect because it never calibrated. The power LED is on and the LPT port is set correctly.

Another thing I have noticed is while trouble shooting I am hearing the internal relays, or whatever the “squeak” sound is, less and less. Now it doesn’t make any noise when trying to read it. It used to make noise right before displaying the cannot connect dialog, now it makes no noise.

I have tried reinstalling windows because I though it was a parallel port or driver issue. I also have tried it on another computer both with no luck.

I have also checked the power supply, it is 13V no load and 9v with load.

It seems that this is a power supply problem anyhow. The symptoms are quite similar as J_Holland described in the thread: forum.velleman.be/viewtopic.php? … e4c2d06ab1

Did this scope work OK before this time, or is it a new one?

The scope used to work the last time I used it a few weeks ago. I checked the power supply as listed above, it is outputting the correct voltage.

The “squeak” sound from the internal relay may indicate lack of power.
Have you checked the ripple of the loaded (9V) power supply voltage?