No succesful connection between the computer and printer

Usually, the VEL guys monitor this forum closely.

Second option is to mail to the support address, support at velleman dot be.

The assembled printer had to be sent away to the retailer and would be diagnosed by themselves and Velleman, turns out its the board that’s the issue.

Everything is getting sorted, but very slowly, I bought and built the kit in February (I think) and I still haven’t been able to use it. Got to admit I’m a little disappointed with the whole situation.

The quickest way to get a replacement is to mail us the board.
Please mail it to:

Velleman Projects Tech Dept.
Legen Heirweg 33
9890 Gavere
Belgium

Please include a fault description.
We’ll make sure that you get a new board asap.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

[quote=“alexgoodhand”]The assembled printer had to be sent away to the retailer and would be diagnosed by themselves and Velleman, turns out its the board that’s the issue.

Everything is getting sorted, but very slowly, I bought and built the kit in February (I think) and I still haven’t been able to use it. Got to admit I’m a little disappointed with the whole situation.[/quote]

Hi, Alex,

I have exactly the same problem with you. I read all your conversation and I also tried every step. Thanks for your information. So, how do you solve the problem finally?

Cheers,

Yiwen

Hey Guys
I might be late on this but I had the same problem as many of you in here, and I foundt out by going into the device manager and then change the COM4 to COM20 and then a reboot of my computer the problem was solved.
I found out when looking at my device manager under COM settings when I was removing the USB to the printer the COM4 was disconnected. and if I Connected the USB back to the computer the COM4 showed up again.
But for some reason, I do not know, the Repetier could not connect to COM4. So I simply changed it to COM20 and I have not having any problem connecting to the printer since.

Hope it can help some of you guys out there.

Regards Thias Russell

This type of problem occur to me also but there is a problem of driver and I re download it then it worked perfectly thanks for sharing your experience.