Need help with initial VM110 setup

Ok… so I got a new VM110 kit for Christmas… but I can’t figure out how to use it.

I’ve been looking through the forum and it looks like there are a lot of cool things I can do with it, but for my first test circuit I’m just trying to output 12V from a digital output, but all I get is 0.6V. :cry:

I’m just starting to learn about electronics, but I don’t understand how to get a voltage out of this and the circuit on page 8 is confusing to me. http://www.vellemanusa.com/downloads/0/modules/usermanual_vm110_uk_rev2.pdf.
In the circuit on page 8 what is the diamond shape of diodes connected to CLAMP & GRND for?? What is CLAMP?

Do I need to somehow power the digital outputs? I’ve tried connecting ground and +12V power supply to GND & CLAMP, but it no work. :question: :confused:

Can someone help explain how I get 12V output from the time I just took it out of the box and installed the drivers? I wish this had a little better manual … but I guess that’s part of the fun of it right ??? I’m so excited about this… eventually I want to build an alarm for my bedroom so mom can’t come in. :laughing: 8)

You are right, a separate +12V power supply is needed. You need also some resistors between the +12V and the digital outputs of the VM110.
Please see the following threads for more info:

You may use the search of this forum to find more hints how to connect and use the K8055/VM110.
You may type there e.g. words: K8055 open collector
Also the combination of following words may give good hints: K8055 pull up