Board Marlin Firmware not updated? or at least not showing?

I went ahead and updated my CPU Board to Marlin V2 to prevent end stopping errors. I downloaded Marlin V2 from (k8200.eu/support/downloads/), then followed the Velleman guide and all went smoothly according to the guide.
however, I’ve noticed once I hit connect in Repetier, My printer log says:

FIRMWARE_NAME:Marlin V1; Sprinter/grbl mashup for gen6 FIRMWARE_URL:http://www.k8200.com/ PROTOCOL_VERSION:1.0 MACHINE_TYPE:K8200 EXTRUDER_COUNT:1

I read in another post that the language file simply wasn’t updated to say V2, but is there a way to confirm I actually have Marlin V2? possibly compare some things in the configuration or something just to make sure it updated correctly?

Hello
How did you get the firmware onto your board? I cannot get the board to accept the Marlin V1 or V2 software. The computer just downloads the regular driver for the USB port and won’t recognise the board.

Hy,
The file is not up to date with the version, number on the website download page, then I edit manualy the language.h file and check for MARLIN V1 to replace it. After upload on the board, U will have ur own version of the firmware :wink:
MSG_M115_REPORT "FIRMWARE_NAME:MARLIN V1…

This post explains the confusing version number

[quote=“ssbloke”]Hello
How did you get the firmware onto your board? I cannot get the board to accept the Marlin V1 or V2 software. The computer just downloads the regular driver for the USB port and won’t recognise the board.[/quote]

Have your read this.

k8200.eu/manual/printing/?c=007