5x5x5 LED Cube will not install driver!

I have installed the animation program and it works fine but when I plug in the cube via USB the driver fails.

The only link on the website for a driver is for windows 8 and I have windows 7. How do I get the right driver? I also checked
another website and it was for an older version which I assumed would work but the link takes me to a page saying the webpage no
longer exists. What do I do so that I can send my program to my cube?

Thanks
-Mike

Please have a closer look at the website:

CubeAnimator 1.3 for Windows

Use your creativity to create custom animations for the 3D Led Cube. With this 3D cube animation software. Drivers are included.

This software is compatible with Microsoft Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7

So download this whole package and you’ll have the W7 drivers.

When I plug my device in the button to send the data to the cube is inactive. You can not click on it. The computer recognized the
cube but there is no driver. I uninstalled CubeAnimator 1.3 and re-installed the one from the website but when I check it says windows
cannot find a driver for it. So to this point I have no way of transferring my data over to it.

That is weird. I think I can’t help you further then … :frowning:
Did you search the forum for this problem?
Otherwise, you’ll have to wait until a Velleman representative will answer this.

Yeah I searched the forums but there is nothing that helps =/ .

Thanks anyways though! I did find one forum that talked about how the computer doesn’t even detect the cube when you plug it in
via USB and the velleman rep said to solder a jumper wire between pins 20 and 14 on the PIC and that worked as far as the computer
recognizing it. It’s just when I go to devices and printers and click on the cube it says there is no driver and when I click on
“update driver” it says windows cannot find anything.

Our driver did not go through the Windows registration process, so Windows can not find the driver automatically.

During driver installation you will need to select a specific location:

Led cube 5x5x5 (K8018):
%INSTALLDIR%\Driver\K8018

Led cube 3x3x3 (MK193):
%INSTALLDIR%\Driver\MK193

On my Windows 7 computer, using the default installation path, the driver is located in:
C:\Program Files\Velleman\CubeAnimator\Driver\K8018

Unfortunately I have no option to select a specific location. If I try to browse files it says that the file doesn’t exist

I figured it out!! Thank you so much. I didn’t realize you had to type that last line into the folder that you wanted to save the program in. Then you go into your devices and update driver and search for that same code, it then recognized the driver and I was able to install it.

Enjoy your cube!

I am having this exact problem. But both your fixes are very vague. Can you please explain better as to what I do to fix this problem?

What version of Windows do you have?

I have Win7

This is how you manually install “a” driver
addictivetips.com/windows-ti … ows-vista/

You will easily find the K8018 since it will probably be the only device with a yellow triangle next to it. It should be listed somewhere under Ports.

When you select “Browse my computer for driver software”, enter this path:
C:\Program Files\Velleman\CubeAnimator\Driver\K8018

I worked it out. your program path is wrong. Make sure you write "\Program Files(x86)\ but otherwise I got it!. Thank you, I will be enjoying my cube now!